The Department of Transportation Planning and Engineering is established under the School of Civil Engineering.
Scientific and technological areas
- Transportation analysis of people and goods
- Planning land, air and sea transportation systems
- Environmental and economic impact assessment of transportation projects
- Traffic flow
- Service levels
- Metropolitan networks
- Highway transportation control systems
- Transportation infrastructure, roads, intersections
- Traffic control
- Railways, airports, harbours
- Public transportation and parking
- Design, construction, operation, maintenance and safety
- Transportation engineering.